In 1999 a group of local art-loving Bamberg residents founded the association Friends of the International House of Artists Vila Concordia. The Friends provide support for art in Bamberg, for the International House of Artists and for individual fellows and their specific projects.
The Friends have provided significant support for a variety of projects:
- The Rucksack House: The Friends installed former fellow Stefan Eberstadt’s Rucksack House in the middle of Bamberg on the Promenade Avenue from 2010 - 2012. The “Rucksack House” is a walk-in sculpture.
- The Friends’ fundraising efforts and their own generous donations made possible the purchase of sculptures for the Bamberg Sculpture Path from the following artists: Joannis Avramidis, Fernando Botero, Kazuo Katase, Markus Lüpertz, Bernhard Luginbühl, Igor Mitoraj, Micha Ullman and Erwin Wortelkamp.
- In January 2012 the Friends gave the Villa Concordia a long wished-for concert grand piano.
- The Friends provide welcome gifts and finance German language lessons for all fellows upon arrival at the International House of Artists.
WE WELCOME NEW FRIENDS! BECOME A MEMBER!
As a member
- You provide ongoing support for the artists who live and work in the Villa Concordia and its second residence Neuer Ebracher Hof.
- You are part of a stimulating group of art lovers.
- You play a role in the free exchange of ideas
- You enjoy access to personal contact with the artists, all of whom have already made a name for themselves. The fellows of today are the internationally celebrated artists of tomorrow!
We see ourselves as a bridge connecting the Villa Concordia to the regional, national and international art scene and the people involved in it.
Additional funding is necessary to support the fellows and their artistic work. Our membership fees provide the lion’s share of this additional funding. The FRIENDS offer the following memberships:
- Individual Membership: €60 per year
- Double Membership: €100 per year
- Fellow/Student Membership: €18 per year
Your membership fees and donations are tax deductible in Germany. We provide donation receipts fulfilling all official requirements.
The FRIENDS are grateful for any and all donations! If, for example, you wish to support specific projects without becoming a member of the FRIENDS you can do so. Upon request we issue donation receipts for tax purposes. Our bank details are:
Freunde des International Künstlerhauses Villa Concordia e.V. / Sparkasse Bamberg
Bank Code Number: 77050000 / Account Number: 578 218 885
IBAN: DE07770500000578218885 / BIC: BYLADEM1SKB
Are you interested? We look forward to welcoming you!
With kind regards,
|Fiona Freifrau Loeffelholz von Colberg||Dr. Peter Weinmann||Herbert van Beek|